- have a valid travel document, such as a passport
- be in good health
- convince a visa officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin
- convince a visa officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit, and
- have enough money for your stay. The amount of money you will need can vary with the circumstances of the visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel or with friends or relatives. For more information, ask the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
You may also need:
- a Temporary Resident Visa, depending on your citizenship.
- a medical examination, and
- a letter of invitation from a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada who lives in Canada.